Caramel Toffee Apple Video Recipe
It is very easy to follow and we are sure you will really enjoy!
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text]
- 500g light brown soft suar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 50g unsalted English butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 10 british royal gala apples, washed
- ½ x 75g pot red sprinkles and ½ x 75g packed edible golden glimmer sugar to decorate
- You will also need lolly sticks
- Put the sugar in a heavy-based pan with 120ml wáter. Heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, without stirring, then add the vinegar, butter and golden syrup.
- Boil for about 12 minutes, until it’s at the soft-crack stage (138ºC on a sugar thermometer, or test a little in cold water: it should form threads that bend a little before breaking).
- Push the lolly sticks into the tops of the apples. Dip the apple into the hot caramel, turning to coat ( be careful as the caramel will be extremely hot). Add the sprinkles and glimmer sugar. Leave to set on a tray lined with baking paper for 15 minutes.