TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPE
Do you want to watch the video and follow it step by step? Just unlock one of the windows and Enjoy!
[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/QLrDTQlSWCo”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]INGREDIENTS:
- 500g Whitworths raisins
500g Whitworths sultanas
500g Whitworths currants
500g Whitworths dark muscovado sugar
500g Whitworths plain flour
250g Whitworths self raising flour
250g Whitworths natural coloured glace cherries
8 eggs (médium/size 3)
125g Whitworths ground almonds
125g Whitworths whole blanched almonds
2 tbsp black treacle
75g Whitworths dried pears
75g Whitworths stoned prunes
1tbsp mixed spice
2tbsp ground ginger
1. Soak fruits, nuts and cherries for 24 hours in brandy or sherry.
2. Line bottom and sides and sides of a 10” tin with silicone paper
3. Fold over a page of newspaper and tie around the outside of the tin with string.
4. Cream butter and sugar until pale light.
5. Beat eggs together and add gradually to the creamed butter mixture, beating well between each addition.
6. Sieve flours, baking powder and spices together then fold in ground almonds and add the dry ingredients gradually to the creamed butter.
7. Fold the black treacle and soaked fruits. Be sure to include any liquid not taken up by the soaked fruits.
8. Mixed well and transfer to the prepared tin. Make a well approximately 1” deep and 3” round in a centre of cake.
9. Make a silicone paper disc the same size as the cake and cut away the centre.
10. Lay the disc over the cake surface, pressing down very lightly.
11. Bake at 150ºC for 1 hour. Then turn down oven to 140ºC and bake for about 3 hours until cooked.
12. Leave in the tin overnight until completely cold. Soaked with 100ml Brandy.
13. Remove the cake from baking tin, wrap in foil and store in a cold, dry place for 3 months.
14. Soaked each month with 75ml Brandy.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]