Hospitality, Professional Cookery, Work-Based Learning
Fridays during term time. Specific dates can be negotiated between Lakefield and the school.
1 day activity
Lakefield Certificate of Completion for Hospitality Activity Days
ABOUT THE ACTIVITY
The hospitality activity for school students is a day out for your Food Technology/Hospitality/Catering students to gain an insight into the real world of Hospitality. Is an opportunity for you to operate on a commercial basis using an industrial kitchen. Your students will have the opportunity to some benefits including:
- Piping, modelling, embossing techniques.
- Taste and smell unusual ingredients and become familiar with them.
- Opportunities for teamwork.
- Open horizons to the broad expanse of jobs available in the Hospitality industry.
- The importance of eating as a social event and Etiquette as a future chef
- 9.30 am: Registration
- 10.00 am: Introduction to Hospitality
- 10.30 am: Begin carousel of workshops on:
Cake decoration – Learn different icing techniques to decorate your own cake and take it home.
Silver Service – Learn a method of English food service that is typically used in five star hotels. It’s not as easy as it looks!
Tasting Experiment – How good is your sense of smell and taste?
Bed Challenge – Are you competent at making up a bed with clean linen and just how quickly can you do it?
(Each group has 30 mins for each activity)
- 12.30 am: Lunch
- 1.15 pm: Evaluations and prize giving
- 2.00 pm: End
Are you a girl 14-18 y/o that loves cooking?
When you cook do you add your own flare to a classic dish or go creative and create a new one?
If so this program will be perfect for you.
We charge £2/head for ingredients.
Each pupil needs to bring a packed lunch, to wear flat, comfortable non-slip shoes and trousers. You will be given a chef’s jacket and apron to wear for the class.