Front Office, Food and Beverage, Accommodation Service, Cookery, Work Based Learning
2 years with two intakes, either September or January.
City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ in Hospitality Services; RSPH Level 2 Food Safety Certificate; RSPH Level 2 Health & Safety Certificate; WSET Wines Level 1 Certificate; City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Leadership & Supervision.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This is an advanced hospitality diploma. It takes you through the Level 2 and Level 3 units in two years in order to provide you with the knowledge and skills to set you on the progression route to hospitality services related degrees such as Travel and Tourism, Event Planning or Hospitality Management. Or it can lead you to employment opportunities.
In the first year, your training will include:
Customer service skills
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Give accommodation & reception service
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
- Serve food at the table
- Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
Basic cooking skills
- Prepare, finish and present canapés and cocktail products.
- Make and serve a range of hot and cold drinks.
- Finish simple salad and fruit dishes.
- Prepare and present food for cold presentation.
In the second year, your training will include:
- Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Lead a team to improve customer service
- Lead and manage meetings
- Supervise Functions, Food Service and Housekeeping Operations
- Contribute to the Development of a Wine list
- Support learning and development within own area of responsibility
Are you a girl 18-24 that wants to take on more responsibility at work in the hospitality sector?
You might want to develop your knowledge and gain new skills, to move into a management role even if you haven’t had previous experience.
If so this programme will be perfect for you.
- You are an EU student or you have a European passport.
- You have GCSE English and Maths at least 4+ grade. However, each application will be considered on individual merit.
- You have completed a two day try out at Lakefield.
- You had a successful interview.
- You have two references.
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are a qualification in competency style.
This means that assessment will be by practical skills testing, observation and theory-based exams.
The total cost of the course is: £1760.
You will be required to purchase uniform and textbooks before the start of the course. Details will be sent out once you have been offered the place.
Financial help can be applied for through the College’s bursary fund once your application has been processed.