Hospitality, Professional Cookery, Work Based Learning
1 year with two intakes, either September or January.
City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery RSPH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
ABOUT THE COURSE
The professional Chef Course Level 3 is aimed at encouraging you to develop advanced chef skills in all areas of the kitchen, and establishing a base of knowledge in design and display, portion control and costing, new technology and new products.
Your training will include:
Advanced Larder Skills
- Prepare, cook and finish fish, meat and poultry for complex dishes.
- Cook and finish complex vegetable dishes.
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot sauces.
- Prepare, finish and present canapés and cocktail products.
- Prepare, cook and finish complex bread and dough products.
Pastry & Food Safety Skills
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones.
- Prepare, cook and finish complex pastry products.
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food.
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment.
Are you a girl 18-24 that wants to develop advanced chef skills? Or are you already working in hospitality?
You might want to develop your knowledge and gain new skills, to move into a management role.
If so this programme will be perfect for you.
- You are an EU student or you have a European passport.
- You have completed Level 2 NVQ Professional Cookery or you have been working in that position.
- You have completed a two day try out at Lakefield.
- You had a successful interview.
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are a qualification in competency style.
This means that assessment will be by practical skills testing, observation and theory-based exams.
The total cost of the course is: £1760.
You will be required to purchase chefs whites, knife set, and textbooks before the start of the course. Details will be sent out once you have been offered the place.
Financial help can be applied for through the College’s bursary fund once your application has been processed.