A great wine course London for those wanting to taste & recognise the main grape varieties & explore food and wine matching. It is also ideal for boosting the confidence of new or inexperienced front line staff in the hospitality and retail sectors (Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET Level 1 Award in wine lapel pin).
WHO ARE THEY FOR
These qualifications are aimed at learners interested in developing their career in wine with this course which aims to give a basic introduction to wine followed by some basic food & wine pairing.
More about Wine Course London WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
No previous experience of wine tasting is necessary to register on this course.
As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) Lakefield College has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK’s Qualifications and Credits Framework which is accredited by OfQual.(Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET Level 1 Award in wine lapel pin)
Duration of course : 1 day inclusive of examination
Examination : 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Wine Tasting : Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Social Responsibility : A guide to sensible drinking
- Types and Styles of Wine : Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main white grape varieties : Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main black grape varieties : Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines :
- White: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes
- Red: Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti