Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Work Based Learning
Part time alongside A-levels.
1 year with September intake.
City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Award in Cookery and Service for the Hospitality Industry Diploma
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course allows you to explore the hospitality and catering industry within the United Kingdom, taking into consideration trends and developments. It is designed to give you, as 14 - 16 year old, the technical and professional skills needed to progress from FE onto an apprenticeship, into university or into the modern jobs market.
You training will include:
Food and Beverage Skills
- Prepare hot and cold sandwiches.
- Prepare, finish and present canapés and cocktail products.
- Principles of beverage service.
- Gastronomy and the dining experience.
- Principles of health and safety and food safety supervision.
- Leadership and team development.
- Business operations.
- Principles of restaurant reception supervision.
- Plan and deliver Hospitality events.
- Hospitality service supervision
Are you a girl in year 10 or year 11 that loves cooking, customer service and events management?
Do you want to organise your own events? Would you like to progress up to a management role very quickly?
If so this program will be perfect for you.
- You are an EU student or you have a European passport.
- You had a successful interview.
- You have a teacher recommendation.
Technical qualifications are based around the development of a toolkit of knowledge, understanding and skills that an individual needs in order to have the capability of working in the industry.
Assessment is based on:
Theory Based Exam, Synoptic Assignment, Employer involvement placement
The total cost of the course is: £250. This is paid by your school.
You will be required to purchase a textbook before the start of the course. Details will be sent out once you have been offered the place.