Front Office, Accommodation Service, Food and Beverage
1 year with two intakes, either September or January.
City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ in Hospitality Services; RSPH Level 2 Food Safety Certificate; RSPH Level 2 Health & Safety Certificate; WSET Wines Level 1 Certificate.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This professional course is a craft diploma. It provides the knowledge and skills to set you on the progression route to hospitality services related degrees such as Travel and Tourism, Event Planning or Hospitality Management. Or it can leads you to employment opportunities.
Your training will include:
Customer service skills
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Give accommodation & reception service
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
- Serve food at the table
- Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
Basic cooking skills
- Prepare, finish and present canapés and cocktail products.
- Make and serve a range of hot and cold drinks.
- Finish simple salad and fruit dishes.
- Prepare hot and cold sandwiches.
Are you a girl 16-18 that wants to get started in the hospitality industry?
You might want to work as a chef, kitchen assistant, room attendant, waitress or hotel receptionist.
Whatever area you’re interested in, we have this introductory Certificate in Hospitality to suit you.
- You are an EU student or you have a European passport.
- You have GCSE English and Maths at least 4+ grade. However, each application will be considered on individual merit.
- You have completed a two day try out at Lakefield.
- You had a successful interview.
- You have two references.
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are a qualification in competency style.
This means that assessment will be by practical skills testing, observation and theory-based exams.
The total cost of the course is: £1760.
You will be required to purchase uniform and textbooks before the start of the course. Details will be sent out once you have been offered the place.
Financial help can be applied for through the College’s bursary fund once your application has been processed.