Hospitality, Professional Cookery, Work Based Learning
1 year with two intakes, either September or January.
City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ in Professional Cookery; RSPH Level 2 Health & Safety Certificate; RSPH Level 2 Food Safety Certificate; City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Principles of Nutrition in Food Production.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This professional course is a craft diploma. It builds the foundation for a career as a professional chef and allows you to develop across all areas of professional expertise.
You will learn the essential cooking skills needed by chefs, cooking and presenting a range of food items in the various cookery methods which include:
- Prepare and cook stocks, soups and sauces.
- Prepare and cook fruit and vegetables.
- Prepare and cook meat and offal.
- Prepare and cook poultry.
- Prepare and cook fish and shellfish.
- Prepare and cook rice, pasta, grains and egg dishes.
- Produce hot and cold desserts and puddings.
- Produce paste products.
- Produce biscuit, cake and sponge products.
- Produce fermented dough products dishes.
Are you a girl 16-18 y/o that loves cooking?
When you cook do you add your own flare to a classic dish or go creative and create a new one?
Would you like to practice, feeling that university is not your road just yet?
If so this program will be perfect for you.
- You are an EU student or you have a European passport.
- You have GCSE English and Maths at least 4+ grade. However, each application will be considered on individual merit.
- You have completed a two day try out at Lakefield.
- You had a successful interview.
- You have two references.
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are a qualification in competency style.
This means that assessment will be by practical skills testing, observation and theory-based exams.
The total cost of the course is: £1760.
You will be required to purchase chefs whites, knife set, and textbooks before the start of the course. Details will be sent out once you have been offered the place.
Financial help can be applied for through the College’s bursary fund once your application has been processed.