Oriental Sea Bass wrapped in Banana leaf served with Rice Noodles Recipe
Oriental Sea Bass wrapped in Banana leaf served with Rice Noodles Recipe . This recipe was used for Nestle Toque D’or 2017 by Lakefield Students ©. If you want to know the story behind this recipe please click here. A good life means you are well looked after. Hospitality is about service. Looking after the needs of others. Good food means it’s sustainable, it’s healthy for you and it’s enjoyed!
The ingredients for a good life:
100g Spring onions
45g Rice noodles
1 fillet Seabass
3 slices of beetroot
1. Fillet the fish
2. Pan fry the fish with the skin
3. Cut the vegetables into Julienne
4. Blanch the vegetables and banana leaf
5. Thicken the soy sauce with arrowroot
6. Cook the rice noodles in boiling water
7. Slice the beetroot using a mandoline
8. Shape the banana leaf into a cone and stick the ends with glucose
9. Put the fish inside the cone
10. Arrange the vegetable and noodle components on the plate.
About Nestlé Professional® Toque d’Or
More than just a competition, Nestlé Professional® Toque d’Or® provides a real life contest that informs, tests and pushes catering students in the most exciting ways. By linking education with industry, Toque d’Or presents a series of unique challenges which showcase the exciting reality of industry.